- Features to consider before buying a car tool kit
- Best Car Tool Kit Set Review
- 1. Crescent 170 Pc. General Purpose Tool Set – Closed Case – CTK170CMP2
- 2. DEWALT Mechanics Tools Kit and Socket Set, 142-Piece (DWMT73802)
- 3. DEWALT Mechanics Tool Set, 205-Piece (DWMT81534)
- 4. DEKOPRO 158 Piece Tool Set-General Household Hand Tool Kit,Auto Repair Tool Set
- 5. Apollo Tools DT9774 SAE Auto Tool Kit with Zippered Case, 56-Piece
Whether you are driving through a populated road or you are going on a vacation on your car, you must have a tool kit in your car. This is so because your car may get out of order or it may show some malfunctioning at any time as you cannot guarantee the performance of any vehicle at any stage. Your car may stop at the mid way and you may feel like a fish out of water in case of not having a tool kit.
So you badly need the best car tool kit to avoid any inconvenience while driving. A good tool kit is one that has a screw driver, adjustable pliers, wrenches, sockets etc and it is really convenient to keep in your car and it does not occupy much space. In market, there are a lot of brands which are selling the ideal car kits but here we are going to review some of the best car tool kits for the knowledge of our users.
Features to consider before buying a car tool kit
Let us discuss some features that you need to consider before buying a car tool kit. The most important thing is, you should know what tool should be included in that kit?
In market, varieties of flashlights are available as it becomes difficult for you to choose the right one. Commonly, many brands offer LED lights that integrate more lithium batteries for longer life. On the other hand you can also utilize the option of traditional D cell flashlights with standard bulbs.
Just make sure before leaving for a road trip, batteries should be fresh. In addition, keep an extra bulb in your car; it will be really helpful in case if your bulb gets expired.
What to choose?
You can pick two options, either you can buy a prepacked tool kit for your car or you can prepare a tool kit at your own. It all depends on your needs.Try to include all these items in your kit like
- Two different sizes of flat blade screwdrivers
- Premium quality adjustable wrench
- 2 pliers
- Phillips blade screwdrivers
- A pocket knife
- Set of wire cutters
- Small ball peen hammer
- A pair of vise grips
Moreover, if you add a little roll of electrical wire, an electrical tape, many extra fuses and a small roll of mechanic’s wire, you can easily handle many roadside mishaps.
A tire inflator and tire pressure gauge
Do not try to buy an expensive tire gauge to check tire pressure of your car. Your main requirement is an appropriate gauge that assists you in reliable reading.
Tire inflators are also necessary as far as tire repairing is concerned.
Selection of tool kit
Firstly, do not select a tool kit that offers 90 or 100 pieces because it will be of no use if you are just using 10 tools and rest of the pieces will remain in the box untouched.
At the same time mechanics and do it your selfers should not restrict you from having a basic tool kit set with minimal accessories.
One thing you must keep in your mind while purchasing a tool kit is that always invest your money on quality products. Renowned brands use high quality steel in their tools which keeps away your product from being damaged.
Though, this tool kit may be expensive but it will be durable and you do not need to buy tool kits time and again. Moreover, buying a tool kit will be reasonable option instead of spending money on individual tools.
Best Car Tool Kit Set Review
1. Crescent 170 Pc. General Purpose Tool Set – Closed Case – CTK170CMP2
Well this is another amazing tool set that is the upgraded version of the CTK 170CMP. This upgraded version features more improved or enhanced screw drivers. This tool set offers sturdier case and it is really very convenient to store this tool set. All the tools of this set have been designed carefully to ease the job of mechanics. The selection of this tool set is really ideal for consumer, industrial and mechanical applications.
The good thing about this Crescent General Purpose Tool Set is that it includes multiple drive tools like ¼ inch, 3/8 inch and ½ inch tools that prove really very handy for users. Type of drive is 6 & 12 point.
Its drive tang size is ¼ inches, ½ inches and 3/8 inches. Tools of this set meet the specifications of ASME and ANSI. One thing that needs to be mentioned here is the satisfaction that is guaranteed.
The weight of this tool box is 20.2 pounds and the other dimensions of this set are 16.2*19.1*3.6 inches. All the tools are solid and sturdy and they come in a box that is easy to carry and store.
- It is very easy to carry and store this tool box.
- Selection of all the hand tools has been done carefully.
- These tools meet the specifications of ANSI and ASME.
- Availability of multiple tools in this set makes it very useful for industrial or mechanical use.
- All the tools provide great resistance against corrosion.
- Its 72 tooth instant release ratchets feature is amazing.
- Some users have complained about the quality of the carrying box.
2. DEWALT Mechanics Tools Kit and Socket Set, 142-Piece (DWMT73802)
This 142 piece set is such an amazing product for your cars. This great set includes a variety of hex keys, wrenches, sockets and many more other tools. The good thing about this set is that it features a seventy two (72) tooth gear system.
This feature has been introduced for the high torque ratcheting that is really amazing. Tools of this kit offer low profile directional levers and they really help to reduce catch points. You can use only one hand to work with these tools.
This is a great DEWALT product that offers huge variety of tools. The weight of this set is 17.1 pounds and the other dimensions of this product are 20*14.7*5 inches. In this set, there are 22 piece bit set too that facilitates the working of its users. This case can be easily set in your car and in case of any emergency; you can take it out to solve the issue.
- Such an amazing set that offers a huge variety of tools.
- Directional low profile lever makes your work easier.
- Good quality tools are a part of this kit.
- This great product has an ability to solve your car issues in a perfect way.
- 72 tooth gear system is worth mentioning here.
- Somehow this is a bulky set and it needs proper space in your car.
3. DEWALT Mechanics Tool Set, 205-Piece (DWMT81534)
Well DEWALT is a well known company that is known for so many products but it has a special place in market because of its tools. As we mentioned above a great DEWALT tool kit, now we will discuss another amazing DEWALT Mechanics tool set that includes 205 pieces. Tools of this set provide you better access because it features a 72 tooth ratchet. This feature facilitates the 5 degree arc swing and makes the access of tight spaces pretty sure for the users.
This DEWALT set is an amazing product as it comes in a blow mold case that is highly durable and you can easily store this set in your garage or house. Users feel no fatigue during work as it offers anti-slip screw driver and it provides you extra comfort during use.
Tools of this set have been designed on the direct DEWALT torque technology. Its box end wrenches and sockets provide great contact with fasteners because of the DEWALT technology. So the process of loosening or tightening becomes really easy for users.
The weight of this great tool set is 26.4 pounds and the other dimensions of this set are 20.5*15.5*4.8 inches.
- It is a really versatile tool set as it includes 205 pieces.
- It is easy to access the tight spaces with the help of its 72 tooth ratchet.
- Such a durable product that makes your investment really long lasting.
- Anti-slip screwdriver makes your working really comfortable and you can target your work easily.
- This tool set provides you precise control.
- There is an easy identification of socket size.
- This is a heavy tool set.
4. DEKOPRO 158 Piece Tool Set-General Household Hand Tool Kit,Auto Repair Tool Set
This is another good tool set for cars. This set is also made of high quality steel so it is a really durable tool set. All the tools of this set have super quality chrome finish that provides great resistance against corrosion. Another good feature of this set is that it meets the critical standards of ANSI. In this set, all the tools have been upgraded and this set includes a huge variety and great combination of tools.
It includes wrenches, pliers, measure tape rule, long nose pliers, quick and polishes ratchet, adjustable wrench, rip claw hammer, drive sockets and many more other tools. This is an ideal tool set as it holds a complete range of basic tools that are used for small repairing and maintenance projects.
Not only for cars but also it is a good tool set that can be kept at home to solve routine repairing issue. This tool set is the first preference of handyman, mechanics, repairmen, body shops etc.
It is also recommended for DIY projects too. All these tools are organized in a blow molded case and this case provides great storage facility to the users. This case is of black color and it makes this box dirt resistant. Shape of the case is also very trendy so you can carry this box easily.
The weight of this box is 9.79 pounds and the other dimensions of this box are 15.7*11.2*3.6 inches.
- An upgraded set of tools that makes your life really easy.
- Carrying case is dirt resistant so it can be easily stored.
- It meets the standards of ANSI.
- This is a bit heavy tool set.
5. Apollo Tools DT9774 SAE Auto Tool Kit with Zippered Case, 56-Piece
This is a very useful auto tool kit that is compact in size so it can be fit everywhere easily. This tool kit has been designed keeping in view the urgent needs of repairing of users so it offers selective or in other words essential tools presence in the kit. This kit comes with the 3/8 inch and ¼ inch sockets and it also includes cable ties, tire gauge, hex keys, slip joint pliers and a bit driver. This bit driver is present in the kit with the most useful twenty bits that is really amazing.
Apollo Tools DT9774 SAE Auto Tool Kit features a compact zipper case so it can easily be a part of your backpack, glove compartment, motorcycle saddle bag or you can even place this tool kit in a drawer of your kitchen. Elastic straps within the kit keep the tools at their place and it is really easy for the users to find the desired tool. It can be a really good gift for the friends and family members too.
The promising feature of this kit is its making. Tools are made of high quality steel alloy and they are chrome treated so they provide great resistance against corrosion. The weight of this tool set is just 3.2 pounds and the other dimensions of this set are 7.01*2.6*10.04 inches.
- This tool kit is compact in size so it is really easy to store this product.
- This is a SAE type tool kit.
- It provides great resistance against corrosion and rust.
- It is made of hardened steel so the feature of durability is really high.
- This is a practical gift for users.
- Feature of rubberized grip is really amazing.
- Extremely light in weight so it can even be a part of your bag pack easily.
- Some users complain that some tools were missing at the time of buying.
- This set has some QC issues.
If we summarize the whole text in a nut shell, we will say that all the above mentioned products are the best car tool kit no doubt. Each and every tool kit has its own features that distinguish it from the others so it depends on the users that what they are actually looking for in a kit. And what is their budget. So you can make a right choice easily keeping in view your requirements.