- Features to consider in the power inverter for semi truck
- what is the best power inverter for semi truck
- 1. Ampeak 2000W Power Inverter
- 2. Foval 150W Car Power Inverter 12V DC to 110V AC Converter
- 3. Krieger 1100 Watt 12V Power Inverter
- 4. Power Inverter 2000w DC 12V to AC 120V
- 5. Modified Sine Wave Power Inverter 3000 Watt
- 6. GoWISE Power PS1004 3000W Continuous 6000W
- 7. Samlex PST-2000-12 PST Series Pure Sine Wave Inverter
- Key features to look for best power inverter for semi truck
Many of you who drive semi trucks do know that there is usually only one USB port which is only good enough to charge your cell phone and you are not able to charge your cameras, laptops or coffee makers when you are on a trip or in a remote area while camping.
This is why, it is important to invest in a power inverter for your semi trucks so that you can power your appliances and accessories when you are away. Let’s have a look on some of the best power inverter for semi trucks which you can buy.
Features to consider in the power inverter for semi truck
Well as we said earlier that power inverter becomes a necessity if you have a semi truck and you want to operate your electrical devices.
There are many people who are often confused about the features that need to be considered at the time of selection. Some of the key features of a power inverter for semi trucks are as follows,
Power in Watts
The power of inverter is expressed in the form of watts so the users must be aware of their needs and then they should buy.
Different power inverters feature different watts like they have 100, 200,300 and so on. So it is necessary to know about the needs.
If you have to charge laptops or simple devices then power inverter with 100 watts is enough for you. And if you have to play high quality DVD player or television then you need more power inverter for use. So figure out the needs properly then select.
A power inverter produces two types of sine waves. These are pure sine waves and modified sine waves. If your charging needs from the power inverter are less then you should go for an inverter with modified sine waves.
This is because they are less costly but the issue is they get hot quickly and they create much noise. They can damage to your electrical devices and you may have a bad experience. On the other hand, there are pure sine waves inverters.
They are costly but if you have to run delicate things like computer then you should go for inverter with pure sine waves. In actual these are the best power inverter for semi trucks. They do not get hot and make your investment really long lasting.
Well safety is a feature that makes a product worthy of use for people. A power inverter that offers this feature is really a good one. This is important to consider because the power inverter deals with the electricity and if it offers the safety then it may protect you against any electrical issue.
There are two main problems against which users need safety. These are overheating and voltage problems. When an inverter works continuously, it may get overheated and it can create problems. So an inverter with big fan is always the best power inverter for semi trucks.
It can make it cool quickly and keep you safe from any trouble. Secondly sometimes voltage fluctuates and it may go up and down. This fluctuation may cause damage to your electrical accessories. So a smart power inverter helps to save users against such problems.
what is the best power inverter for semi truck
1. Ampeak 2000W Power Inverter
Ampeak 2000W is known as one of the best power inverter for semi trucks. It provides an uninterrupted supply of 2000W power output from DC to AC. It also features 4000W surge capacity. This Ampeak power inverter comes with 3 AC outlets.
Moreover, it has one USB port for charging which can convert 12V DC battery power into a standard 110V AC. This is also known as a great product for many AC appliances in different households but most importantly it is very much appreciated for big electrical devices when outside house.
It can be used on road trips, working sites, camping areas. It can provide charging for your freezer, flood lights, PSP, laptops, mobiles, DVD players and other devices in your semi trucks.
It provides great protection as it has a 10*35A mini slip fuse built in, moreover, 2 cooling fans and automatic shut off mode have been incorporated in this power inverter which provides good protection against low and high voltage, short circuit, overheating and over loading.
Smart Digital Display and audible alarm are also of the key features of this power inverter. The ring terminal cables are all insulated which are much safer than other alligator clip cables which have plastic covers. ABS material shell provides with a perfect all around protection.
- It is widely applicable. All you need is a 12V battery system for connection to power your device and you can use it during outages, hurricane, storms and emergencies.
- It is an easy to install power inverter.
- It features three pretty powerful cooling fans which do not let the device get hot.
- The fans are very noisy and loud.
2. Foval 150W Car Power Inverter 12V DC to 110V AC Converter
This is a 150W premium best power inverter for car & truck which features an AC outlet and 2 USB ports. It also comes with a dual USB ports which can help charge almost all kinds of tablets and phone with Maximum 3.1A output in total.
In addition to it, its AC outlets are known very nice for Christmas gifts.
They can be used for various purposes e.g. charging of laptops, phones, nebulizers, string lights, breast pump, CPAP machine, DVD players, TV, Kindle, game consoles, iPads, cell phones and many other electronic devices.
This is a very light weight travel kit with only weight of 8 ounces. It is extremely portable and its design is highly compact. The shell is made of aluminum.
It saves you a lot of space with the dimensions of only 3.2 x 2.5 x 1.5 inches. It is only about the size of a credit card. Due to small size of this inverter, it is very easy to store.
- Its durable metal casing provides advanced protection against any falls and bumps.
- A built in fuse provides multi protection with stable charging design. A silent built in fan protects it from overheating and minimizes the chances of short circuit.
- The first problem that user see with this product is that it tends to get heated despite having a built in fan.
- The casing of the inverter is not very durable as it is scratched easily.
- Its auto shut off function can unexpectedly turn off the device.
3. Krieger 1100 Watt 12V Power Inverter
Krieger 1100 Watt is a power inverter which provides peak power of 2200W. This is a modified Sine wave car inverter which converts DC 12V into 120V AC power.
For having power on the go, you can easily connect DC battery cables to the battery of your car or vehicle directly and then you will have power instantly.
This power inverter is an all inclusive package which comes with a 3 ft battery cables, ANL fuse kit and wired remote control. This power inverter is only 3.87 pounds and its dimensions are 9.76 x 6.69 x 3.5 inches.
It provides all the necessary protection in the small package which protects against short circuit, overload and temperature differences.
All the information is displayed on an LCD which shows battery levels, output wattage and input voltage.
This inverter can be used to power vacuums, blenders and other appliances.
- It displays all information on the LCD screen which makes it very likable by users.
- It comes with an installation kit which many other inverters do not offer.
- Dual USB ports make it convenient to plug into different appliances.
- The remote control is wired which is a big negative. Wireless remote can be used from anywhere.
4. Power Inverter 2000w DC 12V to AC 120V
This power inverter features modified sine wave which converts 12 volts DC to 120 volts AC which easily provides uninterrupted power of 2000 watt and peak power of 4000 watt.
It comes with 3 AC outlets. It also features a 2×2.4A USB ports.
It has the capability to fast charge your devices within no time. It is a powerful inverter which has the capacity to completely charge your bigger devices like power tools and appliances.
It has a highly durable aluminum housing which protects the product from falls and bumps. Its design provides safety from over-heating, short circuiting, high and low voltages.
- It comes with a remote control and an LCD display which lets you know about all output and input voltage that enables you to know about battery levels. With remote control, you can easily turn on and off your inverter from anywhere.
- Its fan is silent and it helps keeping the temperature of the inverter low which helps avoid damage of the product.
- No cons have been reported by users for this product.
5. Modified Sine Wave Power Inverter 3000 Watt
Modified Sine Wave Power Inverter offers constant and secure current to your appliances. Its weight is 12.3 pounds. Its dimensions are 19.5 x 9.5 x 3.7 inches.
It includes powerful USB charging ports which constitutes 0~2.4A for fast charging. Basically, this power inverter is a necessary item for outdoor trips, holidays, emergency kits etc.
As far as, its wattage is concerned, it is really admirable, it supplies 3000 watts continuous power and moreover, 6000 w surge power. Now, we will talk about its technical specifications: it has 2 standard USB sockets.
It possesses 2 cooling fans to control its temperature. This inverter features an AC outlet which consumes 12 v dc to 120 v. It is available with red and black batteries with cable connections.
The most interesting thing is, it comes with a remote control and you can operate it easily. It has a 15 ft long cable which will assist you to run the inverter without any hindrance.
What makes it more attractive is its LED display which is particularly designed to keep an eye on output power and input voltage.
- It has an efficient protection system which prevents this power inverter from being over loaded, over heated, over voltage and short circuiting.
- Do not expose this inverter directly into sunlight; otherwise its battery will be damaged.
- Do not connect this inverter with an appliance which carries more wattage beyond the range of inverter, it can be harmful for product and inverter.
6. GoWISE Power PS1004 3000W Continuous 6000W
This GoWISE Power PS1004 3000W is a power inverter which can covert a DC power source into AC power. It is known as a highly stable power source with 3000W uninterrupted power and surge power of 6000W with very low harmonic distortions.
This is a highly compact power inverter with weight of merely 9.9 pounds and its dimensions are 22 x 9.3 x 4 inches which makes it very portable. It can be taken anywhere.
You can easily carry it to camping sites, boats, worksites, trucks, cars and other places for permanent usage.
This power inverter comes with a remote switch, 1 USB port 5V, an inverter with 2 or 3 AC sockets, red and black cables with ring terminals.
It is an advanced tool which provides five different protection systems which includes overload protection, under voltage and overvoltage protection, thermal protection and low voltage protection alarm.
An LED to indicate the problematic area is one of the most liked features of this inverter.
- It comes with a detailed instruction manual.
- It is highly portable and compact.
- The five protection systems and an LED light to spot the problematic area is amazing.
- The fuses may not last longer.
7. Samlex PST-2000-12 PST Series Pure Sine Wave Inverter
This power inverter is a commercial grade design which is very suitable for various heavy duty loads. It works very efficiently as emergency back-up and has low interference.
It can work for long periods continuously and it features extensive operating DC input range: 10.7 – 16.5 VDC. Its weight is 17.2 pounds and its dimensions are 20.7 x 12 x 6.4 inches.
It has a special cooling fan which controls temperature and reduces consumption of energy. Moreover, it has Universal Protection Circuit known as UPC which helps avoid high and low voltages, short circuit and overload.
This inverter also incorporates a dual GFCI protected AC outlets which maintains the whole system.
This inverter is FCC complaint and it is safety certified to all UL standards.
It is possible to hard wire this inverter.
- Fans of this power inverter are quiet which makes it very likable by the users.
- It comes with an extensive user guide.
- Its remote switching abilities make it one of the best inverters.
- Sometimes it has temperature sensor issues.
- It is a bit pricey.
- Durability is one of the main concerns for users.
Key features to look for best power inverter for semi truck
Let’s talk about some of the main features of a power inverter that you should definitely consider before buying it.
Ports: When we talk about ports, the first thing that you need to figure out is, how many devices you want to attach with one inverter.
There are many power inverters which highlight AC outlets and USB ports; in that case, you can power your laptop and cell phone simultaneously.
It depends on the users, how much number of ports are their requirements according to the devices that they possess.
Wattage: Another feature is wattage; it will help you to comprehend what kind of gadgets you can charge with power inverter. If you just want to power small items, only 150 to 300 watts will be enough.
On the other hand, if you spend more time in outing, 1000 watts is the basic requirement to charge your appliances.
Sine Waves: Sine wave is another very important characteristic which cannot be ignored. Mostly, sine waves are pure or adapted.
In terms of efficiency, modified sine waves put low strain on charging devices whereas pure sine waves are more proficient.
We have listed above some of the best power inverter for semi truck which can help you to power your appliances and other equipments even in remote areas while camping, long trips or at worksites.
Always make sure that you pick a good quality inverter so that you can run the equipment without any voltage issues and can avoid the risk of damage to your gadgets and appliances.