- Features to consider for buying best jeep shocks
- Best Jeep Shocks Review
- 1. Rough Country N3 Steering Stabilizer fits 87-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ YJ Cherokee XJ ZJ
- 2. Rancho RS5000X Gas Shocks Set 2007-2018 for Jeep Wrangler 4WD JK
- 3. Fox 2.0 Performance Reservoir Shock Set
- 4. Rough Country 3″ Lift Kit (fits) 1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ – N3 Shocks
- 5. Rancho RS5000X Gas Shocks set compatible with 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 6. Bilstein 24-141727 24-141734 Pair of Front and Rear 4600 Series Shock Absorbers
- A Buying Guide For Jeep Shocks
Commonly, it is the desire of every driver to enjoy a smooth ride, so it is very important to use quality parts in your vehicle to get proper results. Shocks are main part of any automobile. Here, we will discuss about some best jeep shocks that you can buy according to your budget and needs.
Features to consider for buying best jeep shocks
Well buying the best jeep shocks is something important for your vehicle and you must consider few important features before making the purchase. So here we are going to share some key features that should be focused on by the buyer while choosing the best shocks for their jeeps.
Types of the jeep shocks
Dear readers there are two main types of jeep shock absorbers that really need your consideration. When we talk about the mono tube shock, it means that this type of shock features a single pressure tube.
It has some pistons on it. You can fix this shock in any way and positioning does not matter. Secondly, there are Twin tube jeep shocks. This type of shock absorbers has 2 parts.
One is inner working tube and the second one is the external or outer tube. So this feature is important to consider. It really makes a difference overall.
Shocks are selected on the basis of the driving conditions too. As driving needs of every jeep owner are different. Some want to run their jeeps only on highway and other want to drive their jeeps off the road for exploring places or adventures.
In a normal drive of highway, simple shocks are really a good choice. On the other hand, for off the road trips, tough shocks are required to complement your drive.
Material of the shocks
This feature must be considered while buying the best jeep shocks. Nobody really likes to invest on the shocks again and again. Shocks made of steel are generally preferred by the people as they really work well.
But there are many other materials that are considered for shocks like shocks made of aluminum are preferred a lot. They are really long lasting and are known for their durability among users.
You can also consider the overall quality of the shock absorbers for the best results and good performance.
Shocks that are easy to install are really good ones as they save your time and energy and they keep you going without any trouble. This feature really makes a sense for those who have to install shock absorbers on their own.
An easy to install shock will not create any problem but there are many people who cannot do this and they need help of professionals. So in their case they can select the shocks with the modifications.
Compatibility of jeep shocks with the jeep
Compatibility of a shock absorber with the jeep is mandatory. A shock that is not compatible is not the actual one for your jeep. Off the road jeeps need gas shocks. SUV needs Twin Tube shocks. Heavy duty SUV needs mono tube gas shock.
For pickups, OEM replacement shocks are the ideal ones. So these are the different types of shocks that are considered good for different jeeps. Compatibility of shocks with jeep really matters to have a stable drive.
Best Jeep Shocks Review
1. Rough Country N3 Steering Stabilizer fits 87-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ YJ Cherokee XJ ZJ
If you are looking for a steering stabilizer that can ad life to your automobile’s ball joints, tires and other components, then Rough Country N3 is the most suitable option as it is specifically designed to prevent front end vibration and bump steering.
Moreover, these stabilizers are well acclaimed for its amazing features as these are really helpful to enhance the stability and performance of your vehicle. Let us talk about some of its technical features which make it admirable.
Its dimensions are 17.75 x 6.25 x 3.25 inches. Its weight is 5 pounds. As far as, its installation is concerned, it is very easy and quick. It comprises of a hundred percent bolt-on installation process that can be performed in the home garage with simple tools.
No particular tools are required for its fixing. As far as its composition is concerned, in it 18mm hardened piston rod which is made of chrome has been utilized that makes it durable and you can use it for many years.
- This product comes in single or dual dampers. On the other hand, it is quite effective to improve control and handling of steering.
- It minimizes the danger of ball joint and tier rod being over used.
- It is good for larger tiers.
- No cons have been reported by users for this product.
2. Rancho RS5000X Gas Shocks Set 2007-2018 for Jeep Wrangler 4WD JK
If you are looking for an advanced gas shock from Rancho, then RS5000X is the most appropriate solution. It is well acclaimed for its latest valving system and a more up to date compression phase of the shock absorber.
The main reason to upgrade its system was to enhance the performance and handling of your vehicles on and off roads. Let us talk about some of its technical features which cannot be ignored. Its dimensions are 10 x 12 x 5 inches.
Its weight is 25 pounds. Each shock is engineered with 150 PSI. This is a double tube and gas pressurized shock that is well-known for its multiple advantages e.g. it is quite helpful to reduce the air-oil mixing that can pave ways for the shock foaming and fadding.
On the other hand, gas pressurization also provides a gentle improve of spring rate to your automobile. As far as, its body is concerned, it is stronger as compared to other shocks. It has a 2 to 1/4-inches diameter body which makes it durable and you can use it for many years.
The most important question that comes to your mind is what is included in its package? It has all important bushings, nuts and washers. What makes it more effective is mounting bolts which can be reutilized for its installation.
- As it has a larger body which provides enhanced fluid capacity to amplify vehicle’s control and performance on varying speeds and landscapes. Moreover, its larger body permits the shock to stand up with the temperatures between 40 and 248 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It fits well to 4WD vehicles.
- It is a budget friendly product.
- Unfortunately, they start leaking after few months.
3. Fox 2.0 Performance Reservoir Shock Set
If you are looking for a shock set that can be compatible with 2016 to 2017 jeeps Wrangler, then these shocks are the most suitable option. Let us talk about some of its technical features which make it really admirable.
Its dimensions are 15 x 35 x 10 inches. Its weight is 25 pounds. It is particularly designed for 4wd and 2wd vehicles. The most important question that comes to your mind is what is included in its package?
The answer is very interesting, all important nuts, bushings, washers; reservoir clamps are added in it so you can fully utilize this set of shocks. This set of 4 shocks fit well to automobiles w/1.5-3.5″ rear lift and w/1.5-3.5″ front lift.
As far as, its body is concerned, it has a smooth structure. If you are concerned about its material, it is composed of aluminum which makes it durable and you can utilize this tool for many years.
- It is a budget friendly product and it gives a hassle free ride to your vehicle.
- As compared to other shocks, it has a latest heat minimizing design that has a metal impacted anodized aluminum shock body.
- It has an external reservoir which is really helpful to enhance nitrogen and oil capacity while offering striking race appearance.
- Unfortunately, they look great in appearance but they ride quite tough.
4. Rough Country 3″ Lift Kit (fits) 1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ – N3 Shocks
Let us talk about some of its technicalities which make it an amazing product. Its dimensions are 44 x 22 x 14 inches. Its weight is 24.2 pounds. If you are looking for a shock that can be an ideal combination of style and perfectness then Rough Country is the most appropriate choice.
This high quality N3 shock absorber is well appreciated for it’s on and off road usage. This lift kit includes all the latest features which are necessary for your automobile. The most important question that comes to your mind is why Rough Country?
The answer is very interesting. Actually, this kit offers a set of Front Lifted Coil Spring that is really helpful to balance your jeep while giving sufficient clearance to run up to 31 inches tires.
Moreover, if you are concerned about even highway ride quality, then go for these shocks as these are high pressure charged nitrogen shocks. These are specifically designed to give great off road action.
To make it more useful rubber bushings are added in its package. In addition, its silver metallic look makes it more eye catching.
- It is a budget friendly product.
- As far as, it’s assembling is concerned. It is very simple and easy.
- The only problem with this tool is that it does not work properly to lift your automobile.
5. Rancho RS5000X Gas Shocks set compatible with 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Let us talk about some of its technical features which are really admirable. Its dimensions are 10 x 12 x 5 inches. Its weight is 25 pounds. The most important question that comes to your mind is what is included in its package?
The answer is amazing. You will receive two rear and front shock absorber. All the important bushings, washers and nuts are main part of this package. These shocks are particularly designed to fit automobiles with Rancho RS6503 system installed.
Moreover, it is engineered for 4wd vehicles. As far as, its ride is concerned, you will see a huge difference, it gives a smooth ride without any hindrance. Its length can be extended easily like 2-3″ for front lift systems and 2-3″ for rear lift systems.
It is helpful to control and stable your vehicle; you will never lose your grip on steering if you choose Rancho RS5000X TJ.
- In terms of installation, it is easy and quick. No extra tools are required for its adjustment.
- As compared to other shocks, they are a perfect blend of performance and style. They look great in appearance. They can be painted also.
- These shocks have the power to suck up potholes in a proper way.
- This shock set is compatible with 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- No cons have been reported by users for this product.
6. Bilstein 24-141727 24-141734 Pair of Front and Rear 4600 Series Shock Absorbers
If you are looking for a shock that can give a smooth ride to your automobile then Bilstein 24-141727 24-141734 is the most suitable option. Let us talk about some of its technical features which cannot be ignored.
Its dimensions are 10 x 10 x 30 inches. Its weight is 30 pounds. As far as, its composition is concerned, it is made of high quality material which makes it durable and you can use it for many years. These are renowned for its originality.
If you are worried about its installation, how will you fix this, it’s not a problem anymore. Its adjustment is quite easy and quick, it can be bolted directly, and no extra tools are required. The most important question that comes to your mind is what is included in its package?
The answer is interesting. It offers rear and front 4600 Series Bilstein Shock Absorbers and rubber bushings are also a major part of this package.
- It fits well to Wrangler Unlimited 2007-14 and stock height Jeep Wrangler. Moreover, it is designed for Rubicon too.
- The most interesting feature of this shock is the Monotube gas pressure technology. It is utilized in its making which is really helpful to improve control and stability.
- It is a perfect blend of performance and style. It has a modern look in appearance.
- It is well appreciated for its unbelievable comfort.
Here, we will discuss some of its shortcomings too.
- These shocks are bit heavy.
A Buying Guide For Jeep Shocks
The most commonly asked question by consumers is that why they should invest their money on jeep shocks? There are some obvious reasons that justify your investment on jeep shocks.
As far as, shock absorbers are concerned, they are the most vital part of an automobile’s suspension system. The main purpose of putting shocks in a jeep is to transfer energy from axle movement into heat.
If this process will be better, it will enhance the performance and quality of the ride and you can enjoy a smooth drive.
If you enjoy outing and prefer high speed on off road runs and you want to drive your four wheels on hardest trails then obviously, you must be looking for a tool that can be your best companion.
In that scenario, shocks can serve really well. In market, variety of jeep shocks are available, somehow, it becomes confusing for you to choose the appropriate option.
Jeep shocks fall into different categories like twin tube, mono tube, coil over and remote reservoir. Now it’s up to you to select the shock that fits well to your jeep. If you want to replace the shocks of your jeep, it can be done easily; there are no hard and fast rules regarding this.
You can do this task at your own. Try to buy quality shocks as they can stay with you for longer and you do not need to spend money time and again on its purchase. Another important question that comes to your mind is what will happen if you do not utilize shocks?
Answer is very clear. You will face instability on highway. If you are taking a sharp turn, your automobile may lean down. Your jeep will start moving up and down which may result in a serious disaster.
In short all the above mentioned shocks are the best jeep shocks that can really make your day. It all depends on the user that what he is actually looking for in a product and what he actually needs. A right choice can really make your investment long lasting.